Special E.D.P. /Computer 2-Tank Trip
for Advanced Divers Only
Want to experience Cozumel’s most exciting and challenging dive sites? Felipe Xicotencatl Wreck, Punta Sur, Devil´s Throat, Cathedral, Colombia Deep - Take advantage of our Experienced Diver Program (EDP).
Our boats make pick-ups at Dive Paradise locations and affiliate resorts: Hotel Barracuda, Hotel Cozumel & Resort, Villablanca and Casa Del Mar. You’ll be in the care of a certified, in-water Divemaster guide whose primary duty is to lead you on safe, pleasurable dives. Includes tanks, weights, belt, purified drinking water, soft drinks and snacks.
Scheduled daily, 8:30AM – 12:30PM. Reserve at least 24 hours in advance.
Your safety remains our number one priority at Dive Paradise, so please note the following:
- You must first book a regular Caribbean or Express trip to occur prior your EDP trip as a 'warm-up' dive with our Divemasters. Demonstrated proficiency on prior dives with Dive Paradise is required.
- Documented minimum of 50 logged dives
- Advanced Certification is mandatory. EDP divers must be skilled in managing air consumption, depth and buoyancy. You must be capable of diving in swift currents, caverns, and other rigorous conditions.
- A computer is a must. Either bring your own (you must be proficient in its use) or rent from Dive Paradise (Divemasters can show you how to use rentals).
- * If your last dive was more than 1 year ago, we require a beach check-out dive (using a welcome tank or a rental tank) with a buddy or a Private Divemaster ($44) before your EDP trip. Sorry, no solo divers allowed.
- * If your last dive was more than 2 years ago, we require a Refresher course with an Instructor before your EDP trip (before you dive).
* Why are the Check-out dives & Refresher courses required in these cases?
- Our liability release states that divers must comply with basic safety rules and PADI standards of diving, which clearly state that a diver is required to keep "current". A diver who has not been diving within a year is NOT current by PADI standards. A diver who has not been diving in two or more years requires a Refresher Course.
- We must verify that each diver's experience/health/fitness meet the standards for this specialty trip, both for operational efficiency and for everyone's safety.
- Dive Paradise takes pride in following standards - we are known for being the safest dive operation in the region!
Note: this trip has a minimum of four divers. Be sure to check in with the main shop at least 24 hours before your scheduled dive to confirm if your trip has met the minimum to run. If we haven’t filled enough spots, you will have the following options:
- Cover the cost of the vacant diver spot on the boat
- Re-schedule your dive for next best available trip
- Rain check for future diving with Dive Paradise
- Refund for your trip
- Shorty Wetsuit $10.00
- BCD Jacket with Power Inflator $12.00
- Dive Computer (Suunto) $15.00
- Regulator with SPG, Depth Gauge, and Octopus $12.00
- Package: BCD with Power Inflator, Regulator, Octopus, Depth & SP gauges, Mask, Snorkel and Fins. (does NOT include wetsuit) $16.00
- Mask and Snorkel, Fins $7.50
- Marine Park Fee (per day, if boat diving) $5.50 Champs obligatoires
Politique d'annulation par défaut
Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to any dive receive a full refund.
Cancellations made 12-48 hours prior to a dive will receive a 50% credit voucher toward future diving.
No-shows and late cancellations made within 12 hours prior to a dive are non-refundable.
Sudden illnesses that result in an inability to dive are eligible to receive a 50% refund if approved by Dive Paradise’s in-house Medical Director.
Approved cancellation/refund requests will be processed within 7 business days, via the same method as your original payment.
What CANNOT be Refunded:
Dive Paradise will not be responsible for, and will not issue refunds or credits for the following:
- Any unused portion of a hotel/dive package or dive course.
- Early departure from Cozumel by customer’s choice.
- Missed dives and associated costs due to travel delays. We will always try to reschedule based on availability.
- Customer’s failure to supply proper identification for entry to Mexico. It is the passenger’s responsibility to comply with customs and immigration laws.
Protect your investment! We STRONGLY recommend that all divers purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy for reservations, with trip cancellation coverage. For US and Canadian citizens, we suggest travel insurance from either The Divers Alert Network (DAN) or DiveAssure. For all other nationalities, we recommend travel insurance from DiveAssure.
Any refund requests based on extenuating circumstances will be determined by our General Manager after consultation with the divers’ travel/dive insurance company and, when relevant, with our on-island physician. Dive Paradise will offer a “rain-check” at our discretion.
Please read our full policies HERE.