6. Are there places to stay in West End?
Yes, you can choose from several resort and home rentals in West End. Old Bahama Bay and Blue Marlin Cove are 2 unique upscale resorts to choose from. Please inquire for additional information.
7. Is there a possibility to see or interact with other wildlife?
Yes, the region is noted for numerous endemic and migratory bird species. Seasonal marine life includes turtles, dolphin pods and occasional Bahama Manatees are spotted at Old Bahama Bay during the summer months. Other wildlife may be observed during the tour include dolphins, sharks, eagle rays and bird life.
8. What happens in case of inclement weather, rescheduling, refunds or cancellation of the tour?
When possible and subject to availability the company will attempt to reschedule for the next best day during your stay on the island. If the company cancels the tour for any reason guests will receive a full refund. If guest cancel within 48 hours of confirmed tour date, there is no refund. There is no refund once the tour begins, guest changes their mind or for any unused portions.
9. What is the size of the boat and is there safety equipment?
The Boat of Ely is a 20 foot Mako equipped with a 150HP Mercury outboard engine, Bimini top, life jackets, first aid kit, VHF Radio, fire extinguisher and emergency flares.
10. Are there medical facilities and/or doctors nearby?
There are two medical facilities in West End. The West End Clinic which is operated by the Bahamas Government and a private practice operated by Dr. Romeo Fernandez. Both are located 3 minutes from Old Bahama Bay.
11. What is the minimum and maximum age to participate in the tour(s) and do you accept handicapped guests?
Adults up to age 75 and children starting at age 5 are permitted on the tour. Requests for older and younger guests are handled upon request. Unfortunately, it is not possible to accommodate handicapped guests in wheelchairs or have mobility difficulty.
12. Do you have a website and contact information?
Guests are welcome to visit the website at www.westendecologytours.com
or Facebook. The email is firstname.lastname@example.org
and phone number is 1-242-727-1156 cell. Response time to emails and return calls is made within 24 hours.