1 Tank Dive Underwater Museum

Where

Isla Mujeres

THE ART OF CONSERVATION

In 2009 a monumental underwater contemporary museum of art called MUSA (Museo Subacuático de Arte) was formed in the waters surrounding Cancun, Isla Mujeres and Punta Nizuc.

The Museum aims to demonstrate the interaction between art and environmental science and form part of a complex reef structure for marine life to colonize and inhabit whilst increasing biomass on a grand scale. All of the sculptures are fixed to the seabed and made from specialized materials used to promote coral life. The total installations occupy an area of over 420sq meters of barren substrate and weighing in at over 200 tons.

INCLUDES:
Tanks and weights
Bottle of water
Fruit and cookies
National marine park fee

Cert RibbonCertification and/or Previous Experience Necessary

Select a date and time
Loading
  • Dive Gear Rental Full Set: includes BCD, regulator, wetsuit and Mask, Fins, & Snorkel - $10.00
  • 30% DEPOSIT: Remaining 70% of payment due at time of activity (1-tank Dive Underwater Museum) - $-49.00