Sailfish Adventure Photography

Where

Isla Mujeres

"The Caribbean’s version of South Africa’s famous sardine run plays out from January to March every year in the clear waters of Isla Mujeres off Mexico’s Yucatán as schooling sardines lure hungry Atlantic sailfish for a frenzied feast.

Guides look for frigate birds dive-bombing a baitball, then it’s into the drink with a mask and snorkel to watch the swift hunters flash their iridescent stripes, corral the sardines, and home in for a piercing kill. The sardines are attracted to the plankton-rich waters, and it’s clear, when you see the sailfish in action, that their efforts are coordinated.

Discover the adventure to swim with the atlantic sailfish in isla mujeres.
The sailfish is the fastest in the ocean , to catch the sardines the sailfish use various techniques , They work in small groups to surround them and separate them from the school in order to take them to the surface , where they are easier to hunt. this feast attracts frigate birds , betraying the location of the attack to the human eye.

Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)

Snorkel gear and wetsuit
Sandwiches
Sodas
Bottle of water
Fruit and cookies

Select a date and time
  • 30% DEPOSIT: Remaining 70% of payment due at time of activity (Sailfish Adventure Photography)
$180.00

Payments processed by

PayPal Acceptance Mark