"Caribbean" 2-Tank Trip
Our "Caribbean" 2-Tank Trip is comfortable and relaxing. Our big boats are spacious - Divers get lots of elbow room to spread out. We can easily accommodate 26 divers on many of our Caribbean boats, but we guarantee a maximum of 16 divers (except for special requests for group charters). Divemaster ratio is never more than 8 divers per Divemaster on Caribbean boats. All boats in our fleet are specially designed and outfitted for diving comfort, ease, safety, and convenience.
We do 'diver's choice' on our boats - meaning our divers decide where they would like to dive that day. (Occasionally, due to strong currents or weather, the boat crew may make the dive site choice with your safety in mind.)
Boats make their first morning pick-up at 8:30am, at the Dive Paradise location at Cozumel Hotel & Resort. The boats then head south, for pick-ups at Hotel Villablanca and Casa Del Mar. You can expect to be back to your hotel between 1:00 and 2:00 p.m.
Diving Certification Agency Safety Standards:
- If a diver’s last dive was more than 1 year ago, a daytime shore dive is required (using a welcome tank or a rental tank), with a buddy or a Private Divemaster, before any boat dives. No solo divers allowed for shore dives.
- If a diver’s last dive was more than 2 years ago, we require a Refresher course with an Instructor before any open water dive trip.
* Why are the Check-out dives & Refresher courses required in these cases?
- Our liability release states that divers must comply with basic safety rules and PADI standards of diving, which clearly state that a diver is required to keep "current". A diver who has not been diving within a year is NOT current by PADI standards. A diver who has not been diving in two or more years requires a Refresher Course.
- We must verify that each diver's experience/health/fitness meet the standards for this specialty trip, both for operational efficiency and for everyone's safety.
- Dive Paradise takes pride in following standards - we are known for being the safest dive operation in the region!
- Personal Divemaster $55.00
- Private Instructor $65.00
- Non-Diver "bubble watcher" Companion (min. 12 years old) $40.00
- Snorkeler Companion $45.00
Please also complete your diver registration form and waiver online!
Action Step: to help us prepare for your arrival, please click and submit your Diver Registration Form and Waiver. We gather this information to give you the best possible experience. Please complete this form so we can easily find you for on-island communication, and match you with our best services. ¡Gracias!
National Marine Park Fee
The Marine Park charges $97 MXN Pesos (approximately $5 USD) for each day of diving. Dive Paradise collects this fee on behalf of the Marine Park during your check-in upon arrival.