Advanced Open Water Certification
This course is designed to further develop diving skills and expose divers to the variety of adventures available underwater. Dive Paradise takes you on a minimum of 5 dives over a 2 day period. This can be either 4 shore dives plus 1 boat dive, or 3 shore dives plus 2 boat dives. We suggest this plan:
- Included in your Advanced Open Water course with Dive Paradise is a shore dive for Underwater Navigation.
- You can then schedule boat dives for Deep Diving, plus three other Adventure Dives to complete the certification.
- To take advantage of the beauty of Cozumel’s reef system and Dive Paradise’s expertise, we recommend: Deep Diving plus Multi-Level Diving (can be combined in one boat trip), Underwater Naturalist, and Night Diving.
All of these dives will be giving you valuable experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. They are also fun! You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to experience scuba diving.
Following payment, our reservations team will contact you to schedule and to coordinate equipment rental.
Text Manual and PIC
You may purchase your text manual ($1660 MX Pesos) and PADI PIC ($960 MX Pesos) with our team on island.
Please also submit your diver registration and waiver online!
Action Step: to help us prepare for your arrival, please click and submit your online Diver Registration Form and Waiver. We gather this information to give you the best possible experience. Please complete this form so we can easily find you for on-island communication, and match you with our best services. ¡Gracias!
National Marine Park Fee
The Marine Park charges $104 MXN Pesos for each day of diving. Must be paid in Cash. Dive Paradise collects this fee on behalf of the Marine Park during your check-in upon arrival.
Politica di cancellazione predefinita
Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to any dive receive a full refund.
Cancellations made 12-48 hours prior to a dive will receive a 50% credit voucher toward future diving.
No-shows and late cancellations made within 12 hours prior to a dive are non-refundable.
Sudden illnesses that result in an inability to dive are eligible to receive a 50% refund if approved by Dive Paradise’s in-house Medical Director.
Approved cancellation/refund requests will be processed within 7 business days, via the same method as your original payment.
What CANNOT be Refunded:
Dive Paradise will not be responsible for, and will not issue refunds or credits for the following:
- Any unused portion of a hotel/dive package or dive course.
- Early departure from Cozumel by customer’s choice.
- Missed dives and associated costs due to travel delays. We will always try to reschedule based on availability.
- Customer’s failure to supply proper identification for entry to Mexico. It is the passenger’s responsibility to comply with customs and immigration laws.
Protect your investment! We STRONGLY recommend that all divers purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy for reservations, with trip cancellation coverage. For US and Canadian citizens, we suggest travel insurance from either The Divers Alert Network (DAN) or DiveAssure. For all other nationalities, we recommend travel insurance from DiveAssure.
Any refund requests based on extenuating circumstances will be determined by our General Manager after consultation with the divers’ travel/dive insurance company and, when relevant, with our on-island physician. Dive Paradise will offer a “rain-check” at our discretion.
Please read our full policies HERE.