Meet the Makers tour - Call us to book!
Day trip to meet the makers
Escape Dublin city on a guided day trip to Wicklow. Enjoy a food and drink trail to a country estate, a winery, a brewery and a distillery. You’ll Meet the Makers who produce Wicklow’s local food, wine, beer and whiskey.
This day tour brings you behind the scenes of the local Irish food and drinks industry in the ‘Garden of Ireland’. You will have the opportunity to connect with the real people behind some of the fantastic innovations happening in Ireland’s food and drink scene today.
This tour is only available to private groups of 10+ people.
The Grand Estate at Killruddery
Killruddery House is our first stop where you’ll experience a taste of Killruddery, a true sensory experience, blending the history of this 17th century house with the “down to earth” in the Kitchen Garden, where you will hear about the heritage and horticulture before foraging, smelling, tasting, and picking seasonal herbs & salad leaves. The chef will meet you to offer Killruddery pork sausage rolls along with your freshly picked leaves, tea & coffee and a sweet taster, which you can eat in the charming Horse Yard or by the fire in the comfort of the rustic Shoot Room. Your guide will be owner-manager Fionnuala Ardee wife of “Lord Ardee”, part of the 16th generation of Brabazons to live at Killruddery!
A healthy, outdoorsy start to the day with some beautiful photo opportunities over the grand estate.
Pam and Brett, Makers of Wicklow Way Wines
Here we’ll meet Pamela and Brett, the creators of Móinéir, Ireland’s first and only premium berry wines. Ireland has a long but little-known history of making wines from the wild, native fruits of the island. Tour the winery with Pamela or Brett, and hear how they’ve built on the old traditions to create with care and passion, their award winning
Móinéir, Irish for meadow, fruit wines made from 100% Irish fruit.Irish Strawberry, Blackberry and Raspberry Wines. Experience the new wines, fermenting or maturing and then enjoy a taste of each of the matured wines and relish their unique characteristics, from the aromas to the colours and flavours. Having tasted the wines you’ll experience them again paired with local artisan cheeses and chocolates. This is a truly unique wine tasting experience.
Tasty range of Craft Beers at Wicklow Wolf
Our next stop is the Wicklow Wolf Brewery where you’ll enjoy a tour and tasting of their Irish craft beers. Wicklow Wolf are brewers of exceptional beers, brewed without compromise and with true passion, locally rooted and one with nature.
Meet Quincey or Simon, co-owners of this brewery for a fun and informal tour and tasting. Wicklow Wolf Brewery are brave enough to grow their own hops in Ireland, no mean feat with our climate!
Tour the brand new brew-house, see, smell and taste the ingredients and learn about the brewing process before tasting the pack.
Taste Wicklow Whiskey at the Powerscourt Distillery
Set against the backdrop of the Great Sugarloaf Mountain and drawing from an underground lake of pure water that lies beneath the Estate, Powerscourt sets the perfect stage for distilling Irish whiskey. Enjoy a guided tour of the distillery and on-site maturation warehouse followed by three samples of their award winning Fercullen Irish Whiskeys and carefully selected food pairings.
A minimum number of 10 people are required to book this tour.
Politique d'annulation par défaut
- Cancellation of your booking must be in writing or by email to Brewery Hops of Ireland.
- Deposits of 10% are non-refundable but are transferable to another date free of charge.
- Balance of tour payment is due 30 days before the tour date. You will receive a notification that payment will be taken through your credit card on which you made the original booking.
- You are entitled to a full refund only if you give us 30+ days notice of your intention to cancel.
- You are entitled to a 50% refund if you give us less than 30 days notice of your intention to cancel.
- If you choose to cancel 7 days or less before the start of your tour, no refunds will be granted. You can choose to change your tour departure to another date (subject to availability). Permission to do these 48 hours before departure is subject to a €30 euro fee and is entirely at the discretion of the Brewery Hops of Ireland Management.
- If the reason for your cancellation is covered under your insurance policy, you may be able to make a claim under that policy.
- If you are late for the bus on the morning of departure or are a no show, you will get fully charged for the tour that you have booked as we have reserved a seat or seats for you.
- Please note that in addition to the tour price cancellation charges set out below, the client may also incur cancellation fees in respect of any accommodation or other suppliers who have already been paid or part paid.
- If the client wishes to change to an alternative departure date, this must be done with a minimum of 30 days notice.