Redeem a Voucher
Choose your appointment time on any available day
Book here if you have a voucher. When you enter a voucher code the promotional value will be applied and you will only need to pay the deposit/down payment.
Skydive Windy City Chicago
Congratulations, you're in for a real thrill! You can’t top the rush you’ll get from a tandem skydive! The voucher you have will pay for majority of a Bronze tandem skydive, you only need make the down payment of $39 (plus 6% taxes/booking fees). You may upgrade to Silver, Gold, or Platinum now or on the day of your jump. We use 360º video cameras on all skydives, the only place in the country doing so. 360º video is taken with a special two-lens camera, which will allow you to show your family & friends your skydive from almost any angle/perspective. The 360º video is also VR-ready. The video can be manipulated by almost any device via a browser, no special training or software is required. Upgrade options are explained below and you can choose one now (maximum discount), choose one in person on the day of your skydive (at medium discount) or view the products online 24-36 hours after your skydive to purchase at normal prices.
Skydive with Chicago Skyline Views
Tandem Skydiving is the safest, most popular, and most convenient way to experience skydiving. You need no previous experience and will be trained immediately prior to your skydive. Due to COVID, we no longer provide jumpsuits free of charge (because of sanitization requirements). You will be fitted with a harness and provided goggles for the jump (or you can buy them at checkin to wear your own). Your instructor, the professional skydiver you will jump with, will review the training at least once prior to the jump and will wear the 360º video camera during the skydive.
When everything is ready, you and up to 4 of your friends (max. 5 tandems per flight) will board our super-fast turbine aircraft for the climb to 14,000’. As we climb your instructor will review the jump training with you and attach your harness to the parachute system he is wearing.
When we reach jump altitude, you will exit the aircraft securely attached to your instructor, freefalling for up to one minute before the parachute is deployed. The parachute flight lasts 3-5 minutes depending on how aggressive of a “ride” you want. If you like it calm, you get more air-time than someone who wants to spin all the way to the ground. Students may have an opportunity to fly the parachute some, and you will practice the landing procedure during the descent. After landing we will remove the harness and begin uploading the videos & photos. Videos & Photos are usually uploaded in a few hours or less, but policy says to give us 24 hours. Most people receive the email link for the videos and/or photos on their way home. Uploads don't happen simultaneously because we upload massive amounts of data, so others in your group may get their media products slightly before or after you receive yours.
Skydive Windy City Chicago is the only skydiving center in the Chicago area that jumps next to Lake Michigan and offers skyline views almost every day. We are accessible via South Shore line, if you arrange this with us we can pick you up at Carroll Ave. station and take you back for $15 (groups up to 6 people fit in one minivan), less than half the cost of Uber or taxi.
- Discounted Silver Upgrade $65.00
- Discounted Gold Upgrade $90.00
- Discounted Platinum Upgrade $110.00
Avoiding the $10 quick-check fee
All jumpers must complete the online waiver at least 24 hours prior their appointment or they will incur a $10 quick-check fee to establish identity and release liability. Any jumpers who do not complete the waiver before arrival also cause their group to wait the 30-45 minutes it usually takes to complete the waiver. A link to the waiver will be included in the confirmation email you will receive after you finish this reservation. You should forward the confirmation email to everyone in your group. If this is a surprise for someone in the group, send us an email to let us know and we will absorb the $10 quick-check fee.
What to Bring and When to Check-In
- Bring a government-issued picture ID (passport, driver’s license, military ID, or state ID); you may not be permitted to skydive without it.
- Wear (or bring) lace-up sneakers (tennis or running shoes) YOU CANNOT JUMP IN BOOTS, HARD-SOLED SHOES, SANDALS, OR BAREFOOT!
- Wear comfortable clothes for the day (as if you’re going on a picnic). You may jump in shorts (mid-thigh or longer suggested) and a t-shirt if you wish. We will provide everything else you need, including goggles. At jump altitudes, temperatures are generally a bit colder than on the ground, so if you get cold easily, dress somewhat warmer than you normally would. You should wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty, as it is common to get grass stains on landing.
- Your reservation has a 3-hour timeframe assigned and you should plan on spending being on-site for that entire time. Under normal conditions the average time customers are on-site is 1.5 hrs on weekdays and 2.5hrs on weekends, but weather, late arrival, and other factors have an impact on the time you are here.
- You must check-in at the beginning of the timeframe (i.e. if your reservation shows 4-7pm, your appointment (check-in time) is 4pm (+/- 15 minutes grace period), it is not "anytime between 4 and 7". If you arrive more than 15minutes past your appointment (check-in) time we will do our best to get you on a later flight (if available) or fly an extra flight, and often there are extra charges because we have to restart the aircraft and/or fly an extra trip to jump with you.
Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum?
- A Platinum upgrade includes 15 hand-picked photos, 2 customized photos, 360º skydiving video, and normal skydiving video.
- A Gold upgrade includes 15 hand-picked photos and a 360º skydiving video.
- A Silver upgrade includes 15 hand-picked photos.
- Your voucher (Bronze) skydive does not include any videos or photos.
Maximum Weight for Height:
All jumpers (regardless of weight) should be under the maximum weight for their height according to our height/weight chart to be sure they can skydive. In addition to the height/weight limitations, jumpers weighing over 210lbs are charged an extra fee: (over 210-239lbs= $30; 240-270lbs=$50; 270-300lbs=$80. We can skydive safely with many people up to 300 pounds, but it is much more difficult for the instructor and creates more wear and possible damage to the skydiving equipment. If you weigh over 300lbs (on our scale, in your clothing), we cannot skydive with you under any circumstances. The chart is not 100% accurate because people carry weight differently, so if you don't meet the chart limits, email us so we can make a personal assessment.
All Monies paid directly to Skydive Windy City are fully refundable under the following conditions:
1. If we cannot skydive due to weather or conditions out of our control.
Note: We never cancel based on forecast information, but if we feel weather may affect/prevent your skydiving appointment, we will let you know via email usually the evening prior and/or morning of your appointment.
2. You cancel via email at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. As long as you comply with this policy everytime you cancel, you may elect to reschedule or receive a full refund monies paid to us. If you purchased a voucher from a third-party (i.e. Viator, Rush49, Groupon, etc...), you need to contact that company for any refunds relating to that voucher.
To cancel or reschedule, reply to any email from us (or send a new message to firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will take care of everything, including sending you a new confirmation. Email is the only way to guarantee your refund for the 24 hour cancellation policy, as we have a time-stamp from when the email was sent and received.
You may reschedule by phone by calling 219.210.3338 (24 hours per day). The phones are manned by a local answering service, and they are trained to answer standard/common inquiries and perform reschedules if more than 24 hrs. prior to existing reservation.
Email only gets answered by actual skydivers who can answer any question/concern you may have.
There is no extra charge for rescheduling, as long as you give us 24 hours notice. Less than 24 hours notice for cancellation/rescheduling may be penalized.
We are people too, and understand unforeseen circumstances/events can prevent 24hrs notice. If you need to cancel less than 24 hours prior, please give us as much notice as possible because if we can fill the spots we are holding for you (on Saturdays there is often a wait-list) we may be able to accommodate you with little or no penalties or restrictions. No-shows will forfeit their down payment(s) and have their vouchers redeemed as if jump was completed.