Redeem a Voucher
Choose your appointment time on any available day
Book here if you have a voucher. When you enter a voucher code the promotional value will be applied and you will only need to pay the deposit/down payment.
Skydive Windy City Chicago
Congratulations, you're in for a real thrill! You can’t top the rush you’ll get from a tandem skydive! The voucher you have will pay for majority of a Bronze tandem skydive, you only need make the down payment of $39 (plus 6% booking fees on total reservation price). You may upgrade to Silver, Gold, or Platinum now or on the day of your jump. Upgrade options are explained below and you can choose one now (maximum discount), choose one in person on the day of your skydive (at medium discount) or view the products online 24-48 hours after your skydive to purchase at normal prices.
Skydive with Chicago Skyline Views
Tandem Skydiving is the safest, most popular, and most convenient way to experience skydiving. You need no previous experience and will be trained immediately prior to your skydive. Due to COVID, we no longer provide jumpsuits free of charge (because of sanitization requirements). You will be fitted with a harness and provided goggles for the jump (or you can buy them at checkin to wear your own). Your instructor, the professional skydiver you will jump with, will review the training at least once prior to the jump and will wear the video camera during the skydive.
When everything is ready, you and up to 4 of your friends (max. 5 tandems per flight) will board our super-fast turbine aircraft for the climb to 14,000’. As we climb your instructor will review the jump training with you and attach your harness to the parachute system he is wearing.
When we reach jump altitude, you will exit the aircraft securely attached to your instructor, freefalling for up to one minute before the parachute is deployed. The parachute flight lasts 3-5 minutes depending on how aggressive of a “ride” you want. If you like it calm, you get more air-time than someone who wants to spin all the way to the ground. Students may have an opportunity to fly the parachute some, and you will practice the landing procedure during the descent. After landing we will remove the harness and begin uploading the videos & photos. Videos & Photos are usually uploaded in a few hours or less, but policy says to give us 24 hours. Most people receive the email link for the videos and/or photos on their way home. Uploads don't happen simultaneously because we upload massive amounts of data, so others in your group may get their media products slightly before or after you receive yours.
Skydive Windy City Chicago is the only skydiving center in the Chicago area that jumps next to Lake Michigan and offers skyline views almost every day. We are accessible via South Shore line, if you arrange this with us we can pick you up at Carroll Ave. station and take you back for $15 (groups up to 6 people fit in one minivan), less than half the cost of Uber or taxi.
- Discounted Silver Upgrade $65.00
- Discounted Gold Upgrade $90.00
- Discounted Platinum Upgrade $110.00
Avoiding the $10 quick-check fee
All jumpers must complete the online waiver at least 24 hours prior their appointment or they will incur a $10 quick-check fee to establish identity and release liability. Any jumpers who do not complete the waiver before arrival also cause their group to wait the 30-45 minutes it usually takes to complete the waiver. A link to the waiver will be included in the confirmation email you will receive after you finish this reservation. You should forward the confirmation email to everyone in your group. If this is a surprise for someone in the group, send us an email to let us know and we will absorb the $10 quick-check fee.
What to Bring and When to Check-In
- Bring a government-issued picture ID (passport, driver’s license, military ID, or state ID); you may not be permitted to skydive without it.
- Wear (or bring) lace-up sneakers (tennis or running shoes) YOU CANNOT JUMP IN BOOTS, HARD-SOLED SHOES, SANDALS, OR BAREFOOT!
- Wear comfortable clothes for the day (as if you’re going on a picnic). You may jump in shorts (mid-thigh or longer suggested) and a t-shirt if you wish. We will provide everything else you need, including goggles. At jump altitudes, temperatures are generally a bit colder than on the ground, so if you get cold easily, dress somewhat warmer than you normally would. You should wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty, as it is common to get grass stains on landing.
- Your reservation has a 3-hour timeframe assigned and you should plan on spending being on-site for that entire time. Under normal conditions the average time customers are on-site is 1.5 hrs on weekdays and 2.5hrs on weekends, but weather, late arrival, and other factors have an impact on the time you are here.
- You must check-in at the beginning of the timeframe (i.e. if your reservation shows 4-7pm, your appointment (check-in time) is 4pm (+/- 15 minutes grace period), it is not "anytime between 4 and 7". If you arrive more than 15minutes past your appointment (check-in) time we will do our best to get you on a later flight (if available) or fly an extra flight, and often there are extra charges because we have to restart the aircraft and/or fly an extra trip to jump with you.
Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum?
All skydives are from as close as we can get to the maximum legal altitude any aircraft go without pilot and crew on oxygen: 14000’ MSL (~13,400’ above the ground). Meteorological conditions and air traffic can reduce our final altitude by a bit, and for everyone’s safety, our flights are always conducted in direct cooperation wtih Air Traffic Control. We offer 4 options for the inexperienced/unexperienced jumper, and each option includes the same unforgettable, complete, full-altitude skydive:
- Bronze: no photos or videos included, they can be purchased online after skydive at normal prices
- Silver: discounted package includes 60+ photos from skydive.
- Gold: discounted package includes all Silver media plus 4-6 video clips from skydive in 1080p or better quality
- Platinum: discounted package includes all Gold media plus professionally edited video
- Diamond package: Our flagship product and the only product that includes an outside (3rd person) videographer. This product has limited availability, usually no more than 2 on every other flight. Customer receives 60+ DSLR photos and 4k video taken by the outside videographer AND one complete 360º (VR) video taken by the tandem instructor (so you can use gestures on your device and "look around" in the video), 15 360º cam photos, and 2 customized "mother earth" photos. The Diamond package is not selectable online, if you wish to reserve a diamond package, email us your request as soon as practical after you make your reservation, minimum 2 days ahead is recommended.
Because (except for the VIP Skydive) we only require a $39 down payment to make the reservation***, you’re not locked into your choice today, you will make your final choice on the day of your jump when you pay the balance.
***Customers will be charged a booking fee equal to 6% of total reservation price (usually about $15 for Bronze) for reservations not made in person. This fee is charged by the booking system operator and we see none of it. Booking Bronze skydives keeps the 6% fee at its minimum (remember you can select any package on arrival (only the Diamond package has limited availability).***
Note: Photos of specific moments are not guaranteed. Photos are normally of just before exit, exit, freefall, a few of parachute flight, and landing.
Note: Common Video clips are of boarding, takeoff, pre-exit equipment check/interview, exit/freefall/parachute opening, and some parachute flight and landing. No specific clips are guaranteed but if we don't get the exit/freefall/parachute opening clip due to camera malfunction you will receive 100% refund of the video product (ie. if you chose Gold or Platinum and still got the photos, you would be refunded to Silver level). If we miss takeoff, pre-exit, or parachute flight and landing you will be entitled to a partial refund of the video product. The boarding clip is not guaranteed because it relies on customer participation. It is very rare that clips are missed and outside of the boarding clip, missed video is historically due to camera malfunction (which cannot be resolved on the fly).
Maximum Weight for Height:
Your safety is always our primary concern, and ALL JUMPERS must be under 250lbs, and be under the maximum weight for their height according to our Maximum Weight for Height Chart. If you are under the maximum weight for your height and weigh between 220lbs and 250lbs, there is an extra charge of $40. We can skydive safely with some people over 250lbs and if you want a personal assessment for exception to the 250lbs maximum weight, email us directly at email@example.com
All Monies paid directly to Skydive Windy City are fully refundable under the following conditions:
1. If we cannot skydive due to weather or conditions out of our control.
Note: We never cancel based on forecast information, but if we feel weather may affect/prevent your skydiving appointment, we will let you know via email usually the evening prior and/or morning of your appointment.
2. You cancel via email at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. As long as you comply with this policy everytime you cancel, you may elect to reschedule or receive a full refund monies paid to us. If you purchased a voucher from a third-party (i.e. Viator, Rush49, Groupon, etc...), you need to contact that company for any refunds relating to that voucher.
To cancel or reschedule, reply to any email from us (or send a new message to firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will take care of everything, including sending you a new confirmation. Email is the only way to guarantee your refund for the 24 hour cancellation policy, as we have a time-stamp from when the email was sent and received.
You may reschedule by phone by calling 219.210.3338 (24 hours per day). The phones are manned by a local answering service, and they are trained to answer standard/common inquiries and perform reschedules if more than 24 hrs. prior to existing reservation.
Email only gets answered by actual skydivers who can answer any question/concern you may have.
There is no extra charge for rescheduling, as long as you give us 24 hours notice. Less than 24 hours notice for cancellation/rescheduling may be penalized.
We are people too, and understand unforeseen circumstances/events can prevent 24hrs notice. If you need to cancel less than 24 hours prior, please give us as much notice as possible because if we can fill the spots we are holding for you (on Saturdays there is often a wait-list) we may be able to accommodate you with little or no penalties or restrictions. No-shows will forfeit their down payment(s) and have their vouchers redeemed as if jump was completed.