Redeem a Gift Certificate
Pick your desired appointment date and time, if you wish to upgrade your gift certificate you can do that on the day of the jump
Skydive Windy City Chicago
Skydive with Chicago Skyline Views
Tandem Skydiving is the safest, most popular, and most convenient way to experience skydiving. You need no previous experience and will be trained immediately prior to your skydive. Your instructor, the professional skydiver you will jump with, will review and reinforce the training while fitting you into the harness and providing the goggles you will wear on the jump. If temperatures are below 50ºF (10ºC), we provide jumpsuits and cold weather gear. You may rent and wear a jumpsuit when it is warmer.
When everything is ready, you and up to 4 of your friends, along with each of your instructors, will board our super-fast turbine aircraft for the climb to our planned jump altitude of 14,000’. As we climb your instructor will review the jump training with you and attach your harness to the parachute system he is wearing.
When we reach jump altitude, you will exit the aircraft with your instructor, freefalling for a mile or more (up to one minute) before the parachute is deployed. The parachute flight lasts 3-5 minutes, depending on how aggressive of a “ride” you want. If you like it calm, you get more air-time than someone who wants to spin all the way to the ground. Students usually have an opportunity to fly the parachute a bit if desired, and you will practice the landing procedure during the descent. After landing we will get the harness off, and begin uploading the videos & photos. We will give you a discount card you may use in the future or give to a friend, and then you can go celebrate your accomplishment!. Videos & Photos are usually uploaded in a few hours or less, but policy says to give us 24 hours. Most people receive the email link for the videos and/or photos on their way home.
If you purchased the video and/or pictures, they are quickly uploaded to the cloud and a link sent to you so you can share them with your friends and family right away. Skydive Windy City Chicago is the only skydiving center in the Chicago area that jumps next to Lake Michigan and offers skyline views almost every day!
• Closest skydive to Chicago, a one-hour drive from downtown
• Accessible via South Shore Line!
What to Bring
- Bring a government-issued picture ID (passport, driver’s license, military ID, or state ID); you may not be permitted to skydive without it.
- Wear (or bring) lace-up sneakers (tennis or running shoes) YOU CANNOT JUMP IN BOOTS, HARD-SOLED SHOES, SANDALS, OR BAREFOOT!
- Wear comfortable clothes for the day (as if you’re going on a picnic). You may jump in shorts (mid-thigh or longer suggested) and a t-shirt if you wish. We will provide everything else you need, including goggles (and a full-body jumpsuit and gloves/hat if necessary). At jump altitudes, temperatures are generally a bit colder than on the ground, so if you get cold easily, dress somewhat warmer than you normally would. You should wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty, as it is common to get grass stains on landing.
Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum?
All skydives are from as close as we can get to the maximum legal altitude any aircraft go without pilot and crew on oxygen: 14000’ MSL (~13,400’ above the ground). Meteorological conditions and air traffic can reduce our final altitude by a bit, and for everyone’s safety, our flights are always conducted in direct cooperation wtih Air Traffic Control. We offer 4 options for the inexperienced/unexperienced jumper, and each option includes the same unforgettable, complete, full-altitude skydive:
- Bronze: no photos or videos included, they can be purchased online after skydive at normal prices
- Silver: discounted package includes 60+ photos from skydive.
- Gold: discounted package includes all Silver media plus 4-6 video clips from skydive in 1080p or better quality
- Platinum: discounted package includes all Gold media plus professionally edited video
- Diamond package: Our flagship product and the only product that includes an outside (3rd person) videographer. This product has limited availability, usually no more than 2 on every other flight. Customer receives 60+ DSLR photos and 4k video taken by the outside videographer AND one complete 360º (VR) video taken by the tandem instructor (so you can use gestures on your device and "look around" in the video), 15 360º cam photos, and 2 customized "mother earth" photos. The Diamond package is not selectable online, if you wish to reserve a diamond package, email us your request as soon as practical after you make your reservation, minimum 2 days ahead is recommended.
Because (except for the VIP Skydive) we only require a $39 down payment to make the reservation***, you’re not locked into your choice today, you will make your final choice on the day of your jump when you pay the balance.
***Customers will be charged a booking fee equal to 6% of total reservation price (usually about $15 for Bronze) for reservations not made in person. This fee is charged by the booking system operator and we see none of it. Booking Bronze skydives keeps the 6% fee at its minimum (remember you can select any package on arrival (only the Diamond package has limited availability).***
- Note: Photos of specific moments are not guaranteed. Photos are normally of just before exit, exit, freefall, a few of parachute flight, and landing.
- Note: Common Video clips are of boarding, takeoff, pre-exit equipment check/interview, exit/freefall/parachute opening, and some parachute flight and landing. No specific clips are guaranteed but if we don't get the exit/freefall/parachute opening clip due to camera malfunction you will receive 100% refund of the video product (ie. if you chose Gold or Platinum and still got the photos, you would be refunded to Silver level). If we miss takeoff, pre-exit, or parachute flight and landing you will be entitled to a partial refund of the video product. The boarding clip is not guaranteed because it relies on customer participation. It is very rare that clips are missed and outside of the boarding clip, missed video is historically due to camera malfunction (which cannot be resolved on the fly).
Maximum Weight for Height:
Your safety is always our primary concern, and ALL JUMPERS must be under 250lbs, and be under the maximum weight for their height according to our Maximum Weight for Height Chart. If you are under the maximum weight for your height and weigh between 220lbs and 250lbs, there is an extra charge of $40. We can skydive safely with some people over 250lbs and if you want a personal assessment for exception to the 250lbs maximum weight, email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations and Reschedules
We never cancel based on forecast information, but if we feel weather may affect/prevent your skydiving appointment, we will let you know via email usually the evening prior, and morning of, your appointment.
2. You may cancel for any reason. If you provide us with at least 24 hours notice, you may reschedule in the future. Email is timestamped and (especially off-hours) is the best way to cancel or reschedule
Reply to any email from us (or use email@example.com) and we will take care of everything, including sending you a new confirmation. Email is the only way to guarantee your refund for the 24 hour policy, as we have a time-stamp from when the email was sent and received.
You may reschedule by phone by calling 219.210.3338 (24 hours per day). The phones are manned by a local answering service, and they are trained to help for standard/common inquiries & tasks.
Email only gets answered by actual skydivers who can answer any question/concern you may have.
There is no extra charge for rescheduling, as long as you give us 24 hours notice. Less than 24 hours notice for cancellation/rescheduling may be penalized.
We are people too, and understand unforeseen circumstances/events can prevent 24hrs notice. If you need to cancel less than 24 hours prior, please give us as much notice as possible because if we can fill the spots we are holding for you (on Saturdays there is often a wait-list) we may be able to accommodate you with little or no penalties or restrictions. No-shows are charged full price (i.e. gift certificate considered redeemed/used)