Completed grades 3-4
Red River Zoo
The 2022 Summer Day Camps at the Red River Zoo are week-long experiences where children will participate in various activities throughout the zoo. Participants may take part in outdoor adventures, creating crafts, playing animal-themed games, experiencing animal encounters, and more. Coordinated and led by the Education Department, children are sure to have an active, safe, and fun experience. Each respective camp session has a different theme that the children will explore throughout the week. Join us to discover animals and their habitats while having a wild time at the Red River Zoo!
- Youth will be instructed not to attend if they are feeling sick or if they have been recently exposed to someone with COVID-19
- Camps will follow all group size guidelines issued by the CDC
- Participants will be encouraged to wear masks when possible and will be required to wear them when participating in activities with the animals.
- Staff will wear masks at all times
- Students will maintain a minimum of six-foot distance from other campers (unless they are in the same family)
- Classes will take place outdoors whenever possible
- If an activity takes place indoors, students will be seated 6 feet apart. All tables and chairs will be disinfected before and after use
- All materials used for activities will be disinfected before and after use.
- Classes will include encounters with some animals but students will not be able to touch or feed the animal.
- We will follow any guidelines that the state puts out and continue to be proactive with our precautions.
Discovery Camp (Completed Grades 3-4)
Sessions run in the morning from 9 am-12 pm and in the afternoon from 2 PM-5 PM
Members $105 + a Red River Zoo Summer Camp T-shirt
Non-Members $125 + a Red River Zoo Summer Camp T-shirt
Camp Dates and Themes:
The Big and Mighty Megafauna
This camp is going to explore the prehistoric ancestors of some of our modern-day aminals. We are going to look at what is similar and what is different between the Prehistoric Megafauna and their descendants, and what adaptations they had to help them survive their environment.
Pawsome Veterinarians! (AM Camp is FULL)
This week we are going to explore some of the amazing work Veterinarians do, as well as learn what it would take to become a veterinarian ourselves.
Many people throughout history have gone on adventures to learn about cultures and animals different from their own. This week are going to explore animals and cultures from all over the world but with an Indiana Jones twist. Don't miss out on this grand adventure.