Class III-V, Full day, Guided
2764 N Preston Hwy. Albright, West Virginia 26519
The Cheat Canyon stretches 13 miles from Albright, WV to Jenkinsburg Bridge. This 13 mile section of river contains rapids rated Class III to Class V surrounded by the beauty of a spectacular wilderness canyon. The Cheat Canyon trip departs directly from our Visitor Center in Albright and quickly enters a remote, steep walled canyon. There are no roads, skyscrapers or condos – just some of the best whitewater in the East. While taking a break from the intense whitewater action you will see waterfalls coming into the canyon and unique rock formations. But don’t let the beauty of the Cheat Canyon fool you, she can dish out some pretty serious rafting. You will encounter such rapids as Decision (where you decide once and for all whether to continue your trek into the canyon), Big Nasty, Tear Drop, Coliseum, Fossil Falls, and of course a Swimmers Rapid at the end of the trip.
Cheat Canyon Rafting at a glance
- WHITEWATER CLASSIFICATION: CLASS IV-V
- TRIP LENGTH: 13 MILES, 6-7 HOURS
- TRIP REQUIREMENTS: 14 YEARS OLD AND UP. PHYSICALLY FIT WITH NO MAJOR HEALTH CONCERNS.
- ALL CANYON TRIPS ARE FULLY GUIDED WITH A GUIDE IN THE RAFT WITH YOU, INCLUDE ALL NECESSARY EQUIPMENT, INCLUDE A RIVERSIDE LUNCH.
Important note: This trip has a minimum of 6 rafters. We will send an email to confirm that minimums have been met and your trip is on. This is not generally a problem. You can be sure we will be running every Saturday in the spring. You can always call and ask for dates that already have the minimum met. If we haven’t filled enough spots by 24 hours before your trip, you will have the following options:
1) Cover the cost of the missing rafters to make up the 6-person minimum
2) Re-schedule your rafting trip for next best available trip
3) Rain check for future trip with Cheat River Outfitters
4) Refund for your trip
- Wetsuit $10.85
- Booties $5.66
The trip goes rain or shine. You will be wet anyway.