Afternoon 1-Tank Trip
The Afternoon 1-Tank Trip is perfect for those days you might prefer to do only light diving, or it’s a great add-on to a morning 2-tank trip if you want to get the most out of your diving vacation. The late departure time (daily at 3:00 p.m.) gets you on the reef after almost everyone else has completed their diving.
Your health and well-being remain our number one priority at Dive Paradise. On these trips we provide one Divemaster for each eight divers for additional safe bottom time. We emphasize conservative dive profiles, so this dive is shallow—60 feet or less.
Tank, weights, belt, soft drinks, and purified drinking water are included. If possible, please bring your own refillable water bottle to help cut down on plastic waste.
The boat makes pick-ups at Hotel Cozumel & Resort & Hotel Villablanca. Additional pickup locations can be arranged by request (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Important note: this trip has a minimum of four divers. Be sure to check in with the main shop at least 24 hours before your scheduled dive to confirm if your trip has met the minimum to run. If we haven’t filled enough spots, you will have the following options:
1) Cover the cost of the vacant diver spot on the boat
2) Re-schedule your dive for next best available trip
3) Rain check for future diving with Dive Paradise
4) Refund for your trip
Junior. Diver Limit: 10 to 11-year-old divers are limited to 40 feet and must have a private Divemaster on Caribbean trips. 12 years and older are limited to 60 feet with parental discretion.
Diving Certification Agency Safety Standards:
Divers must be "current" to qualify for boat diving:
• If a diver’s last dive was within the last 12 months, a daytime 'warm-up' shore dive is required with a buddy or a Personal Divemaster prior to boat diving. No solo divers allowed for shore dives.
• If a diver’s last dive was 13 to 24 months ago, we require a Refresher course with an Instructor before any open water dive trip.
• If a diver’s last dive was more than 25 months ago, we require a Scuba Tune-up course with an Instructor before any open water dive trip.
* Why are the Check-out dives & Refresher courses required in these cases?
- Our liability release states that divers must comply with basic safety rules and PADI standards of diving, which clearly state that a diver is required to keep "current". A diver who has not been diving within a year is NOT current by PADI standards. A diver who has not been diving in two or more years requires a Refresher Course.
- We must verify that each diver's experience/health/fitness meet the standards for this specialty trip, both for operational efficiency and for everyone's safety.
- Dive Paradise takes pride in following standards - we are known for being the safest dive operation in the region!
- Personal Divemaster $59.00
- Non-Diver "bubble watcher" Companion (min. 12 years old) $40.00
- Snorkeler Companion $45.00
Please also submit your diver registration form and waiver online!
Action Step: to help us prepare for your arrival, please click and submit your Diver Registration Form and Waiver. We gather this information to give you the best possible experience. Please complete this form so we can easily find you for on-island communication, and match you with our best services. ¡Gracias!
National Marine Park Fee
The Marine Park charges $104 MXN Pesos (approximately $5.50 USD) for each day of diving. Dive Paradise collects this fee on behalf of the Marine Park during your check-in upon arrival.