"Caribbean" standard 2-Tank Trip
Our "Caribbean" 2-Tank Trip is comfortable and relaxing. Our big boats are spacious - Divers get lots of elbow room to spread out. We can easily accommodate 26 divers on many of our Caribbean boats, but we guarantee a maximum of 16 divers (except for special requests for group charters). Divemaster ratio is never more than 8 divers per Divemaster on Caribbean boats. All boats in our fleet are specially designed and outfitted for diving comfort, ease, safety, and convenience.
We do 'diver's choice' on our boats - meaning our divers decide where they would like to dive that day. (Occasionally, due to strong currents or weather, the boat crew may make the dive site choice with your safety in mind.)
Boats make their first morning pick-up at 8:30am, at the Dive Paradise location at Cozumel Hotel & Resort. The boats then head south, for pick-ups at Hotel Villablanca and Casa Del Mar. You can expect to be back to your hotel between 1:00 and 2:00 p.m.
Diving Certification Agency Safety Standards:
Divers must be "current" to qualify for boat diving:
• If a diver’s last dive was within the last 12 months, a daytime 'warm-up' shore dive is required with a buddy or a Personal Divemaster prior to boat diving. No solo divers allowed for shore dives.
• If a diver’s last dive was 13 to 24 months ago, we require a Refresher course with an Instructor before any open water dive trip.
• If a diver’s last dive was more than 25 months ago, we require a Scuba Tune-up course with an Instructor before any open water dive trip.
Junior. Diver Limit: 10- to 11-year-old divers are limited to 40 feet and must have a private Divemaster on Caribbean trips. 12 years and older are limited to 60 feet with parental discretion.
Snorkeling Companion: $45 USD per person + the shared $59 cost of a private Divemaster (one Divemaster for 1-8 snorkelers)
* Why are the Check-out dives & Refresher courses required in these cases?
- Our liability release states that divers must comply with basic safety rules and PADI standards of diving, which clearly state that a diver is required to keep "current". A diver who has not been diving within a year is NOT current by PADI standards. A diver who has not been diving in two or more years requires a Refresher Course.
- We must verify that each diver's experience/health/fitness meet the standards for this specialty trip, both for operational efficiency and for everyone's safety.
- Dive Paradise takes pride in following standards - we are known for being the safest dive operation in the region!
- Personal Divemaster $69.00
- Non-Diver "bubble watcher" Companion (min. 12 years old) $47.00
- Snorkeler Companion $53.00
Action Step: Please also complete your diver registration form and waiver online!
To help us prepare for your arrival, please click and submit your Diver Registration Form and Waiver. We gather this information to give you the best possible experience. Please complete this form so we can easily find you for on-island communication, and match you with our best services. ¡Gracias!
National Marine Park Fee
The Marine Park charges $104 MXN Pesos for each day of diving. Must be paid in Cash. Dive Paradise collects this fee on behalf of the Marine Park during your check-in upon arrival.
Default Cancellation Policy
Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to any dive receive a full refund.
Cancellations made 12-48 hours prior to a dive will receive a 50% credit voucher toward future diving.
No-shows and late cancellations made within 12 hours prior to a dive are non-refundable.
Sudden illnesses that result in an inability to dive are eligible to receive a 50% refund if approved by Dive Paradise’s in-house Medical Director.
Approved cancellation/refund requests will be processed within 7 business days, via the same method as your original payment.
What CANNOT be Refunded:
Dive Paradise will not be responsible for, and will not issue refunds or credits for the following:
- Any unused portion of a hotel/dive package or dive course.
- Early departure from Cozumel by customer’s choice.
- Missed dives and associated costs due to travel delays. We will always try to reschedule based on availability.
- Customer’s failure to supply proper identification for entry to Mexico. It is the passenger’s responsibility to comply with customs and immigration laws.
Protect your investment! We STRONGLY recommend that all divers purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy for reservations, with trip cancellation coverage. For US and Canadian citizens, we suggest travel insurance from either The Divers Alert Network (DAN) or DiveAssure. For all other nationalities, we recommend travel insurance from DiveAssure.
Any refund requests based on extenuating circumstances will be determined by our General Manager after consultation with the divers’ travel/dive insurance company and, when relevant, with our on-island physician. Dive Paradise will offer a “rain-check” at our discretion.
Please read our full policies HERE.