Cock-A-Doodle 3-Tank Dive Trips
for Advanced Divers Only
Really serious divers won’t miss a Dive Paradise exclusive: our special Cock-A-Doodle 3-Tank Dive Trips with early morning departures. Be the first on the reefs, and experience world class diving at its best! You’ll find out exactly what kind of sea creatures inhabit the reefs in the early morning - long before the first divers normally drop in on them - only if you’re an “early bird.”
Boats will make pick-ups at Dive Paradise locations and affiliate resorts starting at 6am: Hotel Barracuda, Hotel Cozumel & Resort, Hotel Villablanca and Casa Del Mar. Soft drinks and purified water are available on the boats.
Reserve at least 24 hours in advance.
- You must first book a regular Caribbean or Express trip to occur prior to your Cock-A-Doodle trip as a 'warm-up' dive with our Divemasters. Demonstrated proficiency on prior dives with Dive Paradise is required.
- Documented minimum of 50 logged dives
- Advanced Certification is preferred. It is possible to take this trip with OWD Certification plus experience, but you must be skilled in managing air consumption, depth and buoyancy. Must be capable of diving in swift currents and other rigorous conditions.
- A computer is a must. Either bring your own (you must be proficient in its use) or rent from Dive Paradise (Divemasters can show you how to use rentals).
- * If your last dive was more than 1 year ago, we require a beach check-out dive (using a welcome tank or a rental tank) with a buddy or a Private Divemaster ($44) before your EDP trip. Sorry, no solo divers allowed.
- * If your last dive was more than 2 years ago, we require a Refresher course with an Instructor before your Cock-A-Doodle trip.
* Why are the Check-out dives & Refresher courses required in these cases?
- Our liability release states that divers must comply with basic safety rules and PADI standards of diving, which clearly state that a diver is required to keep "current". A diver who has not been diving within a year is NOT current by PADI standards. A diver who has not been diving in two or more years requires a Refresher Course.
- We must verify that each diver's experience/health/fitness meet the standards for this specialty trip, both for operational efficiency and for everyone's safety.
- Dive Paradise takes pride in following standards - we are known for being the safest dive operation in the region!
Important note: this trip has a minimum of four divers. Be sure to check in with the main shop at least 24 hours before your scheduled dive to confirm if your trip has met the minimum to run. If we haven’t filled enough spots, you will have the following options:
1) Cover the cost of the vacant diver spot on the boat
2) Re-schedule your dive for next best available trip
3) Rain check for future diving with Dive Paradise
4) Refund for your trip
- Shorty Wetsuit $10.00
- BCD Jacket with Power Inflator $12.00
- Dive Computer (Suunto) $15.00
- Dive Light $12.00
- Fins, Mask and Snorkel $7.50
- Regulator with SPG, Depth Gauge, and Octopus $12.00
- Package: BCD with Power Inflator, Regulator, Octopus, Depth & SP gauges, Mask, Snorkel and Fins. (does NOT include wetsuit) $16.00
- Marine Park Fee (per day, if boat diving) $5.50 Erforderlich
Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to any dive receive a full refund.
Cancellations made 12-48 hours prior to a dive will receive a 50% credit voucher toward future diving.
No-shows and late cancellations made within 12 hours prior to a dive are non-refundable.
Sudden illnesses that result in an inability to dive are eligible to receive a 50% refund if approved by Dive Paradise’s in-house Medical Director.
Approved cancellation/refund requests will be processed within 7 business days, via the same method as your original payment.
What CANNOT be Refunded:
Dive Paradise will not be responsible for, and will not issue refunds or credits for the following:
- Any unused portion of a hotel/dive package or dive course.
- Early departure from Cozumel by customer’s choice.
- Missed dives and associated costs due to travel delays. We will always try to reschedule based on availability.
- Customer’s failure to supply proper identification for entry to Mexico. It is the passenger’s responsibility to comply with customs and immigration laws.
Protect your investment! We STRONGLY recommend that all divers purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy for reservations, with trip cancellation coverage. For US and Canadian citizens, we suggest travel insurance from either The Divers Alert Network (DAN) or DiveAssure. For all other nationalities, we recommend travel insurance from DiveAssure.
Any refund requests based on extenuating circumstances will be determined by our General Manager after consultation with the divers’ travel/dive insurance company and, when relevant, with our on-island physician. Dive Paradise will offer a “rain-check” at our discretion.
Please read our full policies HERE.