Titan Top-to-Bottom Tour
Titan Missile Museum
Along with every area covered in our other tours, you'll also get to explore all 8 levels of the underground silo — something most people will never see. From level 1 where you'll view the silo closure door opening mechanism, to level 3 where the massive diesel generator is located, to level 8 more than 140 feet (aproximately 43 meters) underground, you'll see all the equipment that was necessary to keep the site operational during its lifetime. Other stops include silo level 7 where you'll enter the launch duct and stand directly beneath the missile.
Make sure to arrive by 7:40am on Saturday dates, and 7:45 am on all other dates or your reservation will be forfeit.
You must be at least 13 years of age, able to climb as many as seven 15-foot (4.5 meter) ladders, and fit through holes 2 feet (60cm) in diameter to go on this tour. Participants under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years old or older. Sorry, but this tour cannot accommodate wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, crutches, or any other physical impairment.
Closed-foot (with no cutouts or holes), sturdy walking shoes with rubber soles are required. Your foot/sock should not be visible from the ankle down. Flip flops and sandals are absolutely prohibited. Large bags, purses, camera bags and backpacks are also prohibited on this tour.
The tour runs from 8:00am to approximately 1:00pm and is limited to 6 people. Reservations and pre-payment (non-refundable) are required, and may be made online.
Important information, rules, and qualifications are available here.
All participants must sign a liability waiver. The form is available here.
These tours have limited availability and sell out quickly, so make your reservation today! Follow us on Facebook to learn about additional tour dates that become available.
For your safety, and for preservation purposes, there are some rules that visitors must follow.
- You must check in at the front desk at least 15 minutes prior to your tour or your reservation will be canceled.
- One-Hour Guided Tours are limited to 25 visitors per tour. Specialty tours are limited to 6-20 visitors, depending on the tour.
- Strollers, backpacks and other large bags/purses are prohibited on all tours and must be left in your vehicle. The museum does not provide storage for these items.
- For our family visitors with young children, one adult chaperon is required for every 2 children in your group who is 5 years old or younger. Baby "backpacks" and back slings cannot be used – babies and children must be carried in front. While on the tour, children who are old enough to walk but who are 5 years old or younger must hold the hand of an adult.
- Parents carrying babies or with small children 4 and under must use the elevator. Click here to reserve the elevator.
- Weapons are prohibited on all tours. Secure storage is available if you are traveling with a weapon.
- Food and beverages, except bottled water, are prohibited on the tours. Glass bottles and water with additives that include any food coloring are prohibited in the museum building and on the tour.
- Smoking is not permitted inside museum buildings or while on the tour. A smoking area is provided outside the museum.
- Walking shoes are required (no heels or flip flops please) for the one-hour tour. Sturdy, closed-foot walking shoes with a non-skid sole are required for all specialty tours.
- The underground portion of the missile site is accessed by a flight of 55 steps in the Access Portal. An elevator is also available for visitors who have limited mobility or who need special assistance for the one-hour guided tour. Space on the elevator is limited, so please plan ahead. See the Accessibility page for more information.
- Visitors accompanied by a service animal must use the elevator.
- Children 17 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Non-commercial photography and video recording are permitted, although flash photography is prohibited. Commercial photography is not allowed without written permission. To arrange a commercial photo or video recording session, please contact the Museum Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The use of selfie sticks and tripods is prohibited throughout the museum and missile site.
- Animals, except for Service Animals, are not allowed in the museum buildings or on the missile site. If you are traveling with your pet, please see the Planning A Visit page.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
By entering the Museum facility and/or participating in a Museum activity or event, you consent to and authorize without restriction or compensation the possible use of your and your accompanying group's image appearing in photograph, audio, video or other formats which may be included in future media or marketing.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before making a Tour reservation.
Your use of the website to make a Tour reservation is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the website to make a Tour reservation.
By making a reservation, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you disagree with any part of the Terms and Conditions, then you may not make a reservation for any Tour at the Titan Missile Museum.
You must be at least 18 years old to make a reservation. In addition, all guests ages 17 and younger must be accompanied by an adult when on tour at the museum.
Discounts are applied to some admission rates based on age, county of residence and/or military status. To qualify for a military discount, you must either be on active duty at the time of purchase or retired from one of the military services. If you served in the military, but you did not retire from active duty, you are not eligible for the military discount.
By Agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you warrant that you have made truthful representations as to the age, county of residence and/or military status of the members of your party.
The Top-to-Bottom Tour, Beyond the Blast Door Tour and Director’s Tour are not handicapped accessible and require that participants be able to meet certain age restrictions and physical requirements. If you are making a reservation for one of these tours, by agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you warrant that you have made truthful representations as to the age and physical abilities of the members of your party.
Method of Payment
Full payment must be made at the time of purchase by credit card. The reservation request will not be completed until payment is processed.
Reservations are not complete until payment in full has been made with a credit card.
Firearms, weapons, illegal substances, backpacks, camera cases, and other non-essential items are prohibited and may not be brought on any tour.
All guests going on a tour must arrive at the Titan Missile Museum no later than 15 minutes before their scheduled tour or their reservations are forfeit. Refunds will not be issued to guests who have forfeited their reservations.
Tickets are not transferable.
Once booked, tours cannot be rescheduled for a different time or date. Refunds will not be issued for missed or rescheduled tours.
If museum staff determines that a guest does not meet the age or physical requirements of the Top-to-Bottom Tour, Beyond the Blast Door Tour or Director’s Tour, that guest will not be allowed on the tour. Refunds will not be issued to guests who do not meet the age or physical requirements of the these tours. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that they meet the requirements of their chosen tour.
All ticket sales are final. All tickets are non-refundable with the following exception:
Refunds will only be issued if the tour is cancelled by the museum.