One-Hour Guided Tour with Elevator (bringing wheelchair or walker)
Titan Missile Museum
On this tour, you'll descend 35 feet into the underground missile complex. You'll visit the launch control center and experience a simulated launch of the missile. Then you'll journey down the cableway to level 2 of the missile silo to get an up-close look at the Titan II missile itself. Finally, you'll stand on top of the launch duct and look down on the Titan II missile from above.
For the daily one-hour guided tours an elevator is usually available to access the underground portion of the missile site for those who have limited mobility or who need special assistance. The elevator has limited capacity and we encourage those who need the elevator to reserve its use in advance. Parents carrying babies or with small children 4 and under must also use the elevator. You are encouraged to book online and reserve the elevator in advance.
*Make sure you arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time of your tour, otherwise your reservation will be forfeited.*
The following visitors must use the elevator and will need to make an elevator reservation:
- People with a mobility impairment that prevents them from being able to descend and ascend 55 stair steps
- People who use a wheelchair
- People who use a walker
- People who use a cane, crutches or walking stick
- People who are afraid of heights (the stairs are metal grates and you can see through them)
- People who have a service animal
- Parties with children who are 4 years old or younger (the child and one adult must use the elevator)
The Titan Missile Museum is an ADA compliant facility. Handicapped parking is available and all restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
For the daily one-hour guided tours, an elevator is usually available to access the underground portion of the missile site for those who have limited mobility or who need special assistance. The elevator has limited capacity and we encourage those who need the elevator to reserve its use in advance. Continue your booking by selecting a date/time on the calendar above to reserve your spot on the elevator for your tour. The elevator may only make one trip underground per tour. Walkers, wheelchairs and scooters may further limit the number of people who can use the elevator on a tour. Tour operators and others arranging group tours must know how many people in the group will require the elevator and whether they will be using walkers, wheelchairs or scooters when they call to make their reservation.
Parents carrying babies or with small children 4 and under must also use the elevator. You are encouraged to book online and reserve the elevator in advance.
The museum does not provide wheelchairs. If you need a wheelchair or scooter, please bring one with you.
For your safety, and for preservation purposes, there are some rules that visitors must follow.
- You must check in at the front desk at least 15 minutes prior to your tour or your reservation will be canceled.
- One-hour Guided Tours are limited to 25 visitors per tour. Specialty tours are limited to 6-20 visitors, depending on the tour.
- Strollers, backpacks and other large bags/purses are prohibited on all tours and must be left in your vehicle. The museum does not provide storage for these items.
- For our family visitors with young children, one adult chaperon is required for every 2 children in your group who is 5 years old or younger. Baby "backpacks" and back slings cannot be used – babies and children must be carried in front. While on the tour, children who are old enough to walk but who are 5 years old or younger must hold the hand of an adult.
- Parents carrying babies or with small children 4 and under must use the elevator. You can reserve the elevator in advance. See the link to the Accessibility page below.
- Weapons are prohibited on all tours. Secure storage is available if you are traveling with a weapon.
- Food and beverages, except bottled water, are prohibited on the tours. Glass bottles and water with additives that include any food coloring are prohibited in the museum building and on the tour.
- Smoking is not permitted inside museum buildings or while on the tour. A smoking area is provided outside the museum.
- Walking shoes are required (no heels or flip flops please) for the one-hour guided tours. Sturdy, closed-toe walking shoes with non-skid soles are required for all specialty tours.
- The underground portion of the missile site is accessed by a flight of 55 steps in the Access Portal. An elevator is also available for visitors who have limited mobility or who need special assistance. Space on the elevator is limited, so please plan ahead. See the Accessibility page for more information.
- Visitors accompanied by a service animal must use the elevator.
- Children 17 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Non-commercial photography and video recording are permitted, although flash photography is prohibited. Commercial photography is not allowed without written permission. To arrange a commercial photo or video recording session, please contact the Museum Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The use of selfie sticks and tripods is prohibited throughout the museum and missile site.
- Animals, except for Service Animals, are not allowed in the museum buildings or on the missile site. If you are traveling with your pet, please see the Planning A Visit page.
For more information, please email email@example.com.
By entering the Museum facility and/or participating in a Museum activity or event, you consent to and authorize without restriction or compensation the possible use of your and your accompanying group's image appearing in photograph, audio, video or other formats which may be included in future media or marketing.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before making a Tour reservation.
Your use of the website to make a Tour reservation is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the website to make a Tour reservation.
By making a reservation, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you disagree with any part of the Terms and Conditions, then you may not make a reservation for any Tour at the Titan Missile Museum.
You must be at least 18 years old to make a reservation. In addition, all guests ages 17 and younger must be accompanied by an adult when on tour at the museum.
Discounts are applied to some admission rates based on age, county of residence and/or military status. To qualify for a military discount, you must either be on active duty at the time of purchase or retired from one of the military services. If you served in the military, but you did not retire from active duty, you are not eligible for the military discount.
By Agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you warrant that you have made truthful representations as to the age, county of residence and/or military status of the members of your party.
Method of Payment
Full payment must be made at the time of purchase by credit card. The reservation request will not be completed until payment is processed.
Reservations are not complete until payment in full has been made with a credit card.
Firearms, weapons, illegal substances, backpacks, camera cases, and other non-essential items are prohibited and may not be brought on any tour.
All guests going on a tour must arrive at the Titan Missile Museum no later than 15 minutes before their scheduled tour or their reservations are forfeit. Refunds will not be issued to guests who have forfeited their reservations.
Tickets are not transferable.
Once booked, tours cannot be rescheduled for a different time or date. Refunds will not be issued for missed or rescheduled tours.
If museum staff determines that a guest does not meet the age or physical requirements of the Top-to-Bottom Tour, Beyond the Blast Door Tour or Director’s Tour, that guest will not be allowed on the tour. Refunds will not be issued to guests who do not meet the age or physical requirements of the these tours. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that they meet the requirements of their chosen tour.
All ticket sales are final. All tickets are non-refundable with the following exception:
Refunds will only be issued if the tour is cancelled by the museum.