South Adventure Peru Tours
Machu Picchu Imbued with a magical silence, 120km (74mi) from Cusco on the slopes above the Urubamba River, lays one of the world's most extraordinary archaeological sites. Machu Picchu (2400m / 7872ft) is probably the most familiar symbol of the Inca Empire. It is thought that the city was built by the Sapaq Inca Pachacuti, starting in about 1440, and was inhabited until the Spanish conquest of Peru in 1532. Archaeological evidence (together with recent work on early colonial documents) shows that Machu Picchu was not a conventional city, but a country retreat town for Inca nobility. ..The site has a large palace and temples dedicated to Inca deities Inca deities around a courtyard, with other buildings for support staff. It is estimated that a maximum of only about 750 people resided in Machu Picchu at any one time, and probably only a small fraction of that number lived in the town during the rainy season and when none of the nobility were visiting.
Machu Picchu, its name comes from the ancient Quechua word that means "Old Mountain". This site was built entirely of stone, using every space in harmony with function. Machu Picchu has been known as the "Lost City of the Incas". The most common way is to take the train to Machu Picchu in the morning, explore the ruins and the afternoon return to Cusco. Another better option is stay overnight in Aguas Calientes and the next day to get in earlier to the complex. Machu Picchu is a trip to the serenity of the soul, to eternal fusion with the cosmos; there we feel our own fragility. It is one of the greatest marvels of South America. A resting place of butterflies at the epicenter of the great circle of life. One more miracle". Pablo Neruda (poet).
South Adventure Peru Tours is independent recognized tour operator for Machu Picchu mystery ancient Inca town.
Cost .P.P Hotel Hatun Inti Classic or La Cabaña US$ 410 (based on DWB or TWIN STANDARD room)
Cost .P.P Hotel Hatun Inti boutique or La Cabaña US$ 440 (based on DWB or TWIN SUPERIOR room)
With Hotel Casa Andina / El Mapi In / Taipikala US$ / Tierra Viva US$ 465 ( DWB or TWIN standard room)
With Hotel Casa Andina / El Mapi In / Taipikala US$ / Tierra Viva US$ 485 ( DWB or TWIN Superior room)
If you are student (International green ISIC Card ) you will pay minus US$ 15 off
• Private transport Hotel – Train station – Hotel - Cusco.
• English speaking guide ( Licensed in tourism )
• Guided tour in a small group service
• Train tickets Cusco - Aguas Calientes – Cusco
• Meals : Lunch and dinner as mentioned in Itinerary
• Bus tickets Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
• Guided tour in Machu Picchu during 3 hours
• Entrances to the santuary of Machu Picchu
• Hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes
• Personalized service
• Government sales ( 19% know as IGV )
Does not include:
• Entrance to Huaynapicchu ( $ 15 per person)
• Lunch at santuary lodge Day2 ($48 per person )
• Tips for your guide, driver, transfer agent.
• Personal expenses
• Phone call and internet access
• Extra drinks in every places
• Entrance to the Hot springs
• Bus down Machu Picchu - Aguas C which is $14
• Hiram Bingham tickets( request, send email)
• Guided tour in Aguas Calientes on Day1
• Laundry service at the Hotel