South Adventure Peru Tours
By horseback we will encounter: the Salineras salt mines, Maras and Moray, which we discover by using paths that connect us to the history of these lands
This interesting horse ride consists of three important tourist attractions: the Salineras salt mines, Maras and Moray, which we discover by using paths that connect us to the history of these lands from times long before the Incas..Leaving our ranch located in the rural community of Pichingoto, we will get to the salt mines known as Salineras, where you can see how the salt is collected by hand, and after the visit we will continue riding to the colonial village of Maras, where one of the first churches in Latin America was constructed, which goes by the name of San Francisco de Asís. Here we will have our fruit snack and a drink…We will go for a walk through the streets of the village of Maras where you can see the coats of arms from different Spanish colonial families carved into the stone doorways, and afterwards we will ride towards Moray, an important agricultural experimentation and development centre of which we can appreciate its grand architecture and some of the native products that are still being produced there. After the visit we will have our box lunch or picnic…During the visit we will enjoy the impressive views all around, where you can see several Andean snow-capped mountains like nowhere else in Cusco.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING/CARRY
• Small back pack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the program
• Rain jacket or poncho (December - April) & Tenis shoes
• One complete change of clothing & Bottle of water
• Flash light and batteries & Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
• Sun block (sun protection cream)
• Wide-brimmed sunhat.
• Light jacket or windbreaker (in the
• Afternoons the wind can get strong).
• Comfortable riding boots or high walking
• Comfortable riding pants.
• Cotton T-shirt or long-sleeved shirt, in a light
• color (preferible White)
• All transfers with private transport from any place
• Within Cusco or Sacred Valley
• Entrance ticket to the Pichingoto community area.
• Snack (seasonal fruits and non-alcoholic drinks).
• Box lunch & Bilingual guide.
• Carrier & Safety helmet.
Does not include:
• Breakfast / no mentioned meals in itinerary
• Tourist ticket for Moray ( 10 Soles )
• Entrance to Salt Mines ( 7 Soles )
• Tips for your guide, driver, transfer agent.
• Personal expenses
• Phone call and internet access