Tour en Segway Parque del Retiro Madrid - 1.5 Hours
Plaza Mayor (meeting place)
Prepare yourself to enjoy one of the most beautiful tours Madrid has to offer, and do it from the comfort of a futuristic and eco-friendly segway.
After a brief training session, we begin the tour in Plaza Mayor, a landmark of old Madrid and former home of markets, bullfighting and the fearful trials of the Spanish Inquisition. From there we will glide to the Barrio de las Letras (or Letters’ Quarter), place of residence of some of Spain’s literary greats like Miguel de Cervantes and Lope de Vega. After riding down Calle de las Huertas, we will find ourselves face to face with the Prado Museum, the Mecca of Spanish art, and from there we will head to the Retiro Park, but not without first admiring the beautiful Jerónimos Church. Once inside the park, we will see some of its main attractions, such as its spectacular pond, the majestic Crystal Palace or the famous Statue of the Fallen Angel. Besides its monuments, the Retiro is the ideal place to fully enjoy the segway. Once we have left the park, we will still have time to go through some of the city centre’s most symbolic places, such as the Alcalá Gate, Plaza de Cibeles and Puerta del Sol.
If you decide to extend your tour to two hours, we will have time to see the Atocha Train Station and take a picture by the Caixa Forum and the Hanging Garden, which together form one of the most beautiful corners in the whole city.
1.5 Hour Tour
- Plaza de San Miguel
- Plaza Mayor
- Barrio de las Letras
- Paseo del Prado
- Parque del Retiro
- Puerta de Alcalá
- Plaza de Cibeles
- Calle Alcalá
- Puerta del Sol
- Retorno a Plaza de San Miguel
- Languages: spanish / english. Other languages under payment.
- Helmet is provided (use is compulsory)
- Bilingual guide (Spanish/English, and other languages on request)
- Short training in the handling of the segway
- The tour will not begin until all participants have developed the basic skills needed to perform the route safely
- In winter, dress warmly (gloves, hat) and bring comfortable clothes and non-slip shoes (or rubber soles)
- We have raincoats available for our customers
- In case of severe weather conditions, we will be obligated to cancel/postpone the event; should a cancellation have to take place, the money will be refunded in full.
- The purchase of a Madrid Segway Tour shows full acceptation of the legal terms.