Frank Lloyd Wright Tour 2
Pick-up at Chicago hotel or pre-determined Location
Frank Lloyd Wright Trail "Taliesin and More" Day Trip -- A Private Tour out of Chicago
Visit FLW's home "Taliesin" and other notable structures FLW designed in central Wisconsin. Frank Lloyd Wright's second home and studio, Taliesin, was once referred to as; "the Love Nest". Expect to learn more about the scandalous affair that influenced its name. You will also hear stories of devastating tragedy Mr. Wright overcame while living at Taliesin.Visit, see, and explore five different locations of notable Wright buildings. You will experience a wide range of uniquely inventive designs. They include a church, a warehouse, an events center, a school, and his home for 48 years.
You will also visit the FLW family cemetery. See where Mr. Wright was buried and learn why he is no longer there.
A hopeful student, Alex Jordan, was rejected by Mr. Wright as one of his apprentices. Six miles from Taliesin, Mr. Jordan built his own fabulous structure called "House on the Rock". No visit to Spring Green would be complete without a 3 hour stop at this incredible, almost unbelievable, home. House on the Rock stuns and delights all who enter including your guide who never tires of returning.
Duration: 12-16 hours
The Frank Lloyd Wright Trail, central Wisconsin experience, generally takes 12 hours departing out of Chicago. 8 hours is commuting time.
House on the Rock is optional. However, since it is so close to Taliesin (6miles) and is such an incredible attraction, I highly recommend adding it. Including House on the Rock will extend the day about 4 hours.
TOUR PRICE: 640 USD
We will have close to 8 hours and 450 miles of driving. This includes 3 hours from Chicago to destination. Two hours between several sites. And 3 hours to return. Given the amount of travel time an early start is essential.
Sequence of itinerary will vary depending on choice and time of Taliesin tour and if visit to House on the Rock is included. The following is a sample itinerary:
- Depart Chicago at 6am
- Arrive at "House on the Rock" at 9:30am
- Leave "House on the Rock" at 12:30pm
- Drive 2 miles and stop for photo op at the FLW designed Wyoming Valley School.
- Drive 4 miles to FLW visitor Center for 2 hour house tour that begins at 1:30pm
- Short visit to nearby Unity Cemetery
- Drive 25 miles to Richland Center for photo op of FLW designed AD German warehouse.
- Drive 60 miles to Madison for photo ops of FLW designed Unitarian Meeting House and Monona Terrace.
- Estimated departure from Madison is 7pm with 9:30-10pm arrival in Chicago.