Frank Lloyd Wright Tour 1
Pick-up at Chicago hotel or pre-determined Location
Visit some of FLW's finest designs on a trip to Racine and Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This day trip explores some of FLW's most notable buildings in eastern Wisconsin. Come experience; "the enhancement of nature by human consciousness". You will see, feel, and better understand FLW's meaning of "Organic Architecture".
FLW quote: "Nature is the best model for a builder of houses. Homes must grow comfortably from their site and blend with whatever natural forms are there--and if there are none, emulate them in a manner that is organic. "
Witness first hand how Mr. Wright authenticated "organic architecture" in the SC Johnson office building and research tower, his final Prairie style home "Wingspread", American System-Built Homes, and the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church.
FLW quote: "I know my clients better than themselves. They tell me what they want, but I know what they really want. "
We'll dive into a few of the stunning stories related to Mr. Wright's narcissism, scandalous, and tragic life while simultaneously admiring his innovative work.
Duration: Full day ranging from 8 to 12 hours.
TOUR PRICE: 500 USD
1) Depart Chicago area for estimated 90 minute drive to Racine Wisconsin.
1a. Visit SC Johnson campus. Take tour if available. (tours are 90 minutes plus options of 18 minute movie)
1b. Visit Wingspread. Take tour if available. (tours are 60 minutes)
2) Drive estimated 45 minutes to FLW designed American System-Built Homes south Milwaukee. Photo op drive by only. No on site tour.
3) Drive 10 miles, estimated 25 minutes to FLW designed Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church. No tour. Out side photo op only unless there is a service. We are allowed inside during services. We can leave at our discretion.
4) Optional stop: Drive 12 miles, estimated 30 minutes to the Milwaukee Art Museum. (you can see most everything in a two hour visit. )
5) Return to Chicago. Estimated 2 hour drive depending on traffic.
Maximum travelers: 5